|* Use a program like Paintshop Pro to make the images to use for letters. Since I only use PSP all examples are made with this program.|
|* The most commonly used screen resolution is 1024 x 768, but some people still have resolution 800 x 600 although not often anymore, and others have the newer 1280 x 1024. The tuts are designed for 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024.|
|* The image should not be wider than 350 pixels otherwise it will take up too much space on the letter. It also should not be higher than 670 pixels: it will be too high for the regular screen size to view with having to scroll.|
2. Measure the height of the image by clicking IMAGE >
RESIZE > :on the screen that appears it tells you the "original
dimensions" at the top. -The height of this image is 497 pixels.
3. Open a "NEW IMAGE" with the height you measured of
your image, and width 1280,
4. Fill this background image with a color that matches
5. Put your cursor on the image, right click and choose
COPY, put your cursor on the NEW IMAGE and right click again: choose PASTE
AS NEW SELECTION
6. Click SELECTION > SELECT NONE.
Your basic letter is ready now and should look something
7. Save the background with the name of the letter in it, like Wood Elve Background.
OPEN LETTER CREATOR.
1. Click BODY > IMAGE, (marked in red 1. and 2.) go to
the folder where you saved the background, click it. It will be inserted.
2. The text has to be adjusted: the color of the text
TEXT COLOR (marked red 1, the color of the link LINK COLOR (marked red 2.)
and the settings, MARGINS > LEFT (marked red 4.) Increase the number until
you can see the text is next to the image, not over it anymore.
Now the last part..... the footer,
1. Go to FOOTER.
2. Next to where you can choose the font, and font size,
you can change the position of the footer. (Next to the U . marked
in red 1.)
3. Type the name of the image creator, and your own name
like in the example below. (Marked in red 2.)
4. You can link the footer to your website or to your
5. Then click LINK (marked in red 4.)
6. Go to 3D EFFECTS and choose an effect for sending and receiving the letter if you wish to do so.
7. Go to FINISH and give your letter a name, like I named this letter Wood Elve.
8. Choose an existing collection name or make a new one.
9. Type in the credits if you wish to do so: like your website or e-mail address. This will show up in the style box of the receiver of the letter, down on the left hand side.
10. Now ADD TO INCREDIMAIL.
If it is: congratulations!!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this tut, and I hope it is of some use to you.