|* Use a program like Paintshop Pro to make the images to use for letters. Since I only use PSP all examples are made with this program.|
|* The most commonly used screen resolution is 1024 x 768, but some people still have resolution 800 x 600 although not often anymore, and others have the newer 1280 x 1024. The tuts are designed for 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024.|
|* The image should not be wider than 350 pixels otherwise
it will take up too much space on the letter.
In the case of a non-scrolling background like in this tut (unlike in the "scrolling side stat" tut) the image must be 920 pixels high, so it will fit on screen resolution 1280 x 1024 as well as the lower resolution!!
So the image must be high and not wide.... not all images are suitable for a stat like this.
*A trick though is to extend the image in PSP, for instance with the clone tool like I did with the image I used in this tut!
2. Open a NEW IMAGE, 1280 x 920 pixels,
3. Fill this background image with a color that matches
4. Put your cursor on the image, right click and choose
COPY, put your cursor on the NEW IMAGE and right click again: choose PASTE
AS NEW SELECTION
5. Click SELECTION > SELECT NONE.
Your basic letter is ready now and should look something
On this image I cloned her dress in PSP, so copied parts
of her dress and pasted that below, with the clone tool.
7. Save the background with the name of the letter in
it, like if you'd want to call the final product "Pastel Dream" you call
OPEN LETTER CREATOR.
1. Click BODY > IMAGE, (marked in red 1.) go to the
folder where you saved the background, click it. It will be inserted,
2. The text has to be adjusted: the color of the text
TEXT COLOR (marked red 1,)
It should now look like this:
Now the last part..... the footer,
1. Go to FOOTER.
2. Next to where you can choose the font, and font size,
you can change the position of the footer. (Next to the U . marked
in red 1.)
3. Type the name of the image creator, and your own name
(for details see tut Stat Side Scrolling and Stat with Header)
4. You can link the footer to your website or to your
5. Then click LINK (marked in red 1a.)
6. Go to 3D EFFECTS and choose an effect for sending and receiving the letter if you wish to do so.
7. Go to FINISH and give your letter a name, like I named this letter Wood Elve.
8. Choose an existing collection name or make a new one.
9. Type in the credits if you wish to do so: like your website or e-mail address. This will show up in the style box of the receiver of the letter, down on the left hand side.
10. Now ADD TO INCREDIMAIL.
If it is: congratulations!!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this tut, and I hope it is of some use to you.